Have You Heard of The SERVPRO Corporate Training Facility?
Our team has extensive expertise in restoring damaged property. This is because each member is required to undergo training at our SERVPRO Corporate Training Facility. Here they can acquire the latest knowledge and skills along with IICRC certification.
What Does The Training Program Include?
Our educational program can be broken down into five parts, which consist of:
- Employee Certification Training
- IICRC Training
- Electronic Learning
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
Employee Certification Training
This is a voluntary program that employees who desire additional knowledge can take at their own pace. Certification will be rewarded once a candidate has completed the course materials along with the examination. Its modules are:
- Fire Restoration: This course teaches students the fundamentals of fire restoration and includes using 3D imaging to capture images and virtually tour sites, as well as how to select deodorizing products and the differences between oily and dry soot, and why it’s important.
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning: In this course, students will learn how to use microfiber cloths, oscillating fans, clothes steamers, and vacuums to clean carpeting and upholstery. They will also learn how to remove dirt and dust as well as the dos and don’ts of cleaning stains.
- Crew Training: During this course, students will learn the importance of teamwork and how to communicate effectively with other crew members while following established safety procedures.
- Water Restoration: This course will teach the differences between black, gray, and clean water, how to identify damage levels and leak sources, and how to remove mold. It also covers proper drying and disinfection techniques.
IICRC stands for the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. It establishes industry standards and certifications for restoration and cleaning projects. Members of our team are required to know IICRC standards as well as best practices for mold, water, and fire restoration, along with the best techniques for cleaning upholstery and carpets.
Also known as e-Learning, this allows our staff to acquire additional knowledge via online sources. It is also voluntary and made to be continuous and self-paced. Franchise employees will have access to support materials and video presentations which culminate in a test after the conclusion of every module. This ensures that office personnel, as well as technicians, are always up to date on the latest industry standards.
Initial Franchise Training
This is a fifteen-day course that is hands-on and held within the SERVPRO training center. It is considered the foundation for our training program and encompasses a wide range of topics, namely restoration involving burn and water damage along with tips for eradicating mold and cleaning up carpets.
Continuing Education Classes
We believe that education is a lifelong process that doesn’t end just because you’ve earned a certification. Therefore, we provide both noncredit and credit courses for those that intend to become insurance adjusters or agents, as well as franchise staff and realtors. Aside from addressing damages caused by fire, water, and mold, it also demonstrates techniques for restorative drying and mitigation awareness.